Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Week!

Hey, I've managed to blog my way through an entire week, and I have to say, "I'm loving it!" So I promised you guys some optimism for yesterday and well, it kinda didn't happen. I apologize and bring you optimism one day late instead.

I want to talk about mini-goals. I spent a lot of this week when I should have been working reading the archives of FatBridesmaid, because I wanted to look at how a successful blog started and evolved (She's completely amazing btw, you should be reading her). I was mostly amazed by her perseverance. I get up and think oh my god, I have 36ish pounds to loose, how will I do that? It seems impossible and overwhelming. I'm sure you've had that feeling. Then I thought, what about the people who have even more to loose, how do they do it? My answer was mini-goals. If you can look at just this week, or just those 5 pounds, it seems easier, doable, underwhelming (don't know if that's a word, but work with me here). Alright, so I should make some mini-goals.

Mini-goals:
1) Blog everyday for the rest of the month (Except the days I'm at my grandparents because well internet is a problem)
2) Count calories everyday for the rest of the month-even if I go over, totally destroy everything, I will count them
3) Get out of the 160's by the time I go to my grandparents' house (which is the 24th)-it's only a pound and a half, but I want it, and I just want to do that much right now.

Loftier goals to come after I succeed in these small ones.

Food I ate Today:
Breakfast-ditto=310
Lunch-ditto+nectarine=365
Dinner-Tandori Chicken Lite sandwich, carrots from Cosi and two glasses of wine, one mint=745

Total Calories=1420

Decent day, also wine rocks...

No comments:

Post a Comment