Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09-09-09

So the title isn't what I actually want to talk about, but it is kind of a cool day. Anyhow, what I want to talk about is construction. Yep, you got it right.

I hate construction.

That's not the whole story, but it does sum it up. Ok so any grad student or undergrad who stayed for a summer or professor knows that summer at a university=construction time. Ok, I get it, the nice little undergrads who pay you lots of money aren't around, so you use this time to convert the place into a disaster area. Plus, where I live you can't do much construction outside in the winter... it just doesn't go well. However, university, you might remember that other people do work here, all summer.

Also, I have had the good fortune to be in a permanent construction zone since I arrived at grad school. They are building us a brand-new, shiny, clean lab building. We're moving at the beginning of November (well, that's when we're supposed to move). Great, that is actually really awesome, except for the actual moving process, which I'm sure you will here much more from me about. But again, construction, allllll the time. It's loud and dusty and occaisionally turns off the power without warning and there are construction workers everywhere (well sometimes that's not so bad).

Anyway, as I said before:

I hate construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment