Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life gets in the way...

...of weight loss. Has anyone else noticed this? I know you're supposed to make weight loss and your health a priority and what not, but come on, we all have other stuff we put ahead of it. For example: work, you have to work to keep your job so you have some way to pay for your life. Let's face it, that and sleep take up a lot of time. Plus all our other little activities (I do orchestra), just add to that time. I'm just saying this because last week I never had time to drag myself to the grocery store, so I bought lunch and dinner all week, which as you all know, is detrimental to weight loss and I didn't work out and well you get the idea.

I know this is supposed to be a change your life kind of change, and I'm trying, but sometimes life gets in the way. Hopefully, I'll stay on target this week, even with all the prep for my parents showing up happening (like cleaning, lots of cleaning).

Anyway, weighed in yesterday at 162.8 lbs.... ugh, but I'll weigh in on Friday this week to see if I meet the under 160 lbs goal for my parents showing up. We'll just have to see. Working out tonight and hopefully blogging about Biggest Loser.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand how you feel! My suggestion would be to not get too stressed about making a lot of changes all at once. Try making little ones, i.e. getting more water in for the day, eating at least two veggie-filled meals, etc. If you have time during a lunch break, go for a quick walk or jog. I've read that you don't have to work out all at the same time -- you can break it down into 10-minute intervals throughout the day and still reap the rewards. Hang in there -- some weeks are better than others! :)

    ReplyDelete