Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Start

Hi all, it's a new year!

So as many people have, I'm sure, I've recommitted to getting healthy. I got an iPod Touch for Christmas and have been using the Lose It app to keep track of my calories. So far I am a big fan. I started using it on Sunday just to test it, but have been following pretty closely since Monday. Aiming for 1350 calories a day, it says that's what I need to loose 1.5lbs per week, which seems reasonable. I started at 164.2lbs on Monday, so at that rate I would make it to 125 by mid July. Of course, I'm sure there will be many set backs, but at least I have a plan.

The other part of my plan was to start working out this week. However, I've had a bit of a set back there. My knee hurts like hell and as far as I can remember I didn't do anything to it. I thought it might just go away but it's been 3+ days now, so I have a doctor's appt tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that it's nothing too bad!
Oh I also decided to do the Pound for Pound Challenge, so you all should too, it doesn't cost anything and it helps feed people in need!

I also watched the premier of Biggest Loser last night! I'll start doing summaries again next week, but the people are really big this season. They inspire me to start before I let myself get to the point where I'm like that. Plus if they can do it, I can too!

So goals for the rest of the week:
1) Blog at least one more time
2) Keep track of alllll calories on my Lose It app
3) If the doctor gives the go ahead, exercise once
4) Continue to cook good food/bring lunch

Sounds like a good start, I also have been thinking about buying a couple workout videos for the weekend when I don't want to come all the way to the gym, so I'll look into that.

Happy New Year! and good luck with any resolutions you've made!


No comments:

Post a Comment