Saturday, November 21, 2009

I've been remiss

I apologize to anyone who has been waiting for an exciting post from me and really to myself as well. Blogging has just not seemed appealing lately and neither has weight loss or grad school work to be honest. I've been spending a lot of time just trying to get my work done. And you know what I found out... work is hard.

I know this doesn't sound like a revelation, but getting stuff done and trying to really focus is entirely too difficult. I know everyone does it, everyone has to do it (except for the indepandently wealthy), but man, it's such a pain. So as I attempt to do lots of work preceding this looming meeting I have with my boss, I've been discovering things about how I work and how to get myself to work. I've discovered (although haven't mastered) that moderation is key. Get this thing done, take a break, get something else done, take a break etc. If I try to go full out all day, sure I get that done, but then tomorrow and maybe the next day, nothing gets done. So moderation is key.

That said, moderation should really be the theme of all our lives. It works with work, should work with weight loss, probably helps with family and friends and other activities. A little bit of this and a little bit of that, helps us lead a balanced life. Now, don't get me wrong, the fact that I figured this out, doesn't mean I have it down. Not even close, but I'm trying.

Just think balance (goes for blogging too).

No comments:

Post a Comment